Wednesday, March 28, 2007

So I've had a chat or two with management at The Scoot Inn, and despite prior assurances I'd have complete creative control over tonight's programme, there's been a subtle hint or two that perhaps I need to make a greater effort to make the cash registers ring.

I'm all about the art. I hope you know that by now. But it's also really hard to play records with a broken arm, and with that in mind, I have made some serious concessions.



Along with my usual musical journey down Memory Lane (and I-35 south), tonight will also feature a stirring career retrospective devoted to TIMMY NAPALM. Not only will rare footage of the Hormones and Napalm Stars be on display, but we'll have a reading of some of Dr. Stegall's finest works and perhaps dignitaries from all over the music and art world will make their testimonials via satellite.

(perhaps)

(due to circumstances beyond our control, Tim Napalm himself will not be in attendance).

I should also mention ---- in the interests of full disclosure, that when Scoot Inc. re-sent my last missive about this event, a particularly unflattering reference to a band I'll merely refer to as the Weapons Of Mass Fucktardom, was deleted.

I wholeheartedly promise you that no censorship took place, and any reports of an unpleasant exchange between myself and a certain C. Attal of Austin, TX were wildly exaggerated. We were merely rehearsing for a dinner theatre production of "Network" (he took the Ned Beatty part, I was Peter Finch).

In any event, I look forward to see you all at the Scoot Inn, this evening, from 10pm onwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home